The pillow features the following script:
- The ancestry of the Maine Coon is unknown. One theory is that they are the result of mating between domestic cats and raccoons. While it is true that Maine Coons and raccoons both have long, lush tails and the tendency to dunk their food into their drinking water, this union would be biologically impossible.
- It is also unlikely to be a pairing between domestic cats and bobcats, although this would explain the ear tufts and impress size of the breed.
- Maine Coons were popular in the late 19th century, but their existence became threatened when long-haired cats from overseas were introduced in the 20th century. They were even declared extinct in the early 20th 1950's. Since then, they have made a come-back, and the Maine Coon is now one of the most popular cat breeds in the world.
- "Cosey", a Maine Coon, was the winner of the first cat show held in the United States, on May 8th 1895.
- Maine Coons have adapted to survival in harsh climates. Their fur is longer on their underside and rear to protect them when sitting on wet surfaces. Their bushy tail can be curled around their face and shoulders for warmth and protection from cold winds, and an also be curled around their backsides like an insulated seat cushion when sitting on snow.
- Size: 17"x17" Square
- Fabric: 100% Polyester
- Design on front only
- Color matched zipper closure
- Hand wash cold separately
Please Note: Due to variations in computer screens, we cannot guarantee that that the colors you are seeing on your screen correctly represent the true color of our products. If you have concerns about matching colors, please contact us. If we have the fabric on hand we can mail you a swatch for a $5.00 fee. We can also reference Benjamin Moore color codes that you can take to any Benjamin Moore decorating center to view the color card.